Offers alternative sustainable food production systems to reduce organic waste and improve the efficacy of food systems at commercially viable scales
The Centre for Sustainable Food Production (CSFP) helps industry develop innovative technologies that supports research in the four identified pillars:
- Aerobic Bioreactor Technology Development to convert manure and other wastes into highly efficient, soluble fertilizers.
- Fertigation Technology Development to improve the delivery of soluble fertilizers by optimizing fertigation systems.
- Biopesticide Technology Development to improve organic crop production through optimized pest management (bio-pesticides).
- Vertical Aquaponics Technology Development to maximize greenhouse production through vertical aquaponics.
Applied Research; Consulting; Testing and Validation; System Design; System Scaling and Benchmarking; Process Optimization; Comparative Analysis for New Products; Market Analysis; Product Development and Support; Product Testing and other Technical Services; and Training and Education.
- Agriculture, animal science and food
- Clean technology
- Environmental technologies and related services
- Fisheries and aquaculture
Specialized labs and equipment
|Thermo Scientific iCAP RQ ICP-MS
|Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectroscopy. Determination of trace elements in liquids and solids.
|Thermo Scientific GalleryTM Multi-Functional Analyzer
|Determination of nitrogen, phosphorous, sulfur and boron in liquids and organic solids
|Hoskin Scientific Plant Stress Testing System
|Testing plant stress in vivo
|The college receives $1 million towards its Centre for Sustainable Food Production through the Canada Foundation for Innovation’s (CFI) College-Industry Innovation Fund (CIIF)