Design of intelligent algorithms and development of decision-making models to form risk management systems, personalized diagnosis and patient treatment systems, and to process modelling systems.
The Data Science Laboratory undertakes big data applications to tackle the problem of decision-making under uncertainty, by using machine learning methods and graph theory to analyze complex structures in big data to build recommendation systems and predictive models in health care, software engineering, smart energy grid, and green software.
Data analytics, modelling, algorithm development.
- Aerospace and satellites
- Defence and security industries
- Energy (renewable and fossil)
- Environmental technologies and related services
- Financial services and insurance
- Healthcare and social services
- Information and communication technologies and media
- Life sciences, pharmaceuticals and medical equipment
Private and public sector research partners
- IBM Canada Ltd.
- St. Michael’s Hospital
- Globe and Mail
- Toronto Stock Exchange