Advanced methods for modeling and simulation with varied applications.
The Advanced Real-Time Simulation Laboratory (ARSLab) is investigating means of automatic generation of executable models derived from systems specifications. The research focuses on new theory, methodology, and supporting development tools. We are also interested in integrating the simulation results obtained with powerful 3D visualization facilities.
We are studying new advanced techniques for:
- Discrete-event system specifications
- Cellular models for varied applications
- Real-time, parallel and distributed simulation techniques
- Interoperability of executing models based on Web Services technologies
- Automated test case generation based on discrete-event specifications
Model development, simulation studies, software interoperability advice, analytical services.
- Aerospace and satellites
- Agriculture, animal science and food
- Construction (including building, civil engineering, specialty trades)
- Defence and security industries
- Environmental technologies and related services
- Fisheries and aquaculture
- Forestry and forest-based industries
- Healthcare and social services
- Information and communication technologies and media
- Management and business related services
- Manufacturing and processing
Specialized labs and equipment
Compute Cluster and Real-Time Embedded Systems Platform
Multiprocessor with high-speed interconnect, linked to embedded development platforms through high speed networks. Can be used to develop embedded software that can be integrated with simulation of real world applications. Includes visualization engines for validation and training.
Private and public sector research partners
- Autodesk Research
- Ericsson Canada Inc.
- SageTea Inc.
- Idéeclic Inc.
- DISTIL Interactive Ltd.